Square Pig LLC is pleased to announce the release of FusionInvoice 2019-3. This is the most significant release of 2019 to date. It provides several important updates to payment gateways, most notably support for Europe’s new regulatory requirement for online payment processing, Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), via the latest Stripe API integration. Other notable updates include a greatly improved custom fields system, a new integrated client tagging system that paves the way for expanded filtering of client accounts, a new ‘important note’ popup feature which can display a reminder each time a client account is accessed, and many other enhancements.
Enhancements and General Changes
- Payment Gateways for Stripe, PayPal and Mollie have been significantly refactored and now use the most current vendor libraries. For European customers who use Stripe, this means support of SCA (Strong Customer Authentication).
- Substantial improvements to Custom Fields. Previous versions supported custom field types of: Text, Textarea and Dropdown, which used a comma delimited list for its data source. Now all multi-option fields, like Dropdown and Radio buttons, Checkboxes, etc. are defined with JSON text.
- Added support for more flexible use of Custom Fields within code. Previously the only way to reference a custom field was by its column number. Now, a custom field can be referenced by its label name.
- A ‘Tags’ field was added to the Client view, allowing for ad-hoc tags to be added to any client record for quick identification.
- An ‘Important Note’ field was added to the Clients view. When a client record is accessed and the field is not empty, an alert will pop-up, with the contents of the important note.
- Client deletion safeguard - Added a more visually impactful warning and confirmation prompt when a user attempts to delete a client record.
- Added ‘Unpaid’ as a new status filter to the invoice view.
- Added a ‘Mailed’ flag as a new status option for invoices for customers that choose to send paper / postal system mailed invoices.
- Added tracking and visibility of the source recurring invoice that was used, when new live invoices are created from a recurring invoice scheduled job.
- Contacts improvements. Added a Title field to contacts. Also added visibility of Contacts to the View Client page. It was previously only accessible within the Edit mode of the Clients page.
- Added ‘exception type’ to the internal exception handler for improved error reporting.
- Added the ability to test system email settings directly from the System Email page.
- Added a color-coded Client Name label to the top of the Clients view. The label color matches that of the client type: Customer, Lead or Prospect.
- The Payments Collected report now groups and subtotals by the payment method.
- Added report totals to the Items Sales and Revenue by Client reports.
- Added a Discounts column to the Item Sales report.
- Improved navigation bar highlight colors for better visibility on several of the supported color schemes.
- Refactored the recurring invoice end-of-month date timing. (When a recurring invoice had a ‘next date’ set on or after the 28th of a month, its subsequent generated dates could creep ahead a day or two into the next month. This has been changed so that if a ‘next date’ is set on or after the 28th, should that date occur on the end of a month, the following and all subsequent ‘next dates’ will be created on the end of the month.
- Dates on Tax report. (If first, second, third or fourth quarter was used for a date ranges selection, a quarter that ended on the 31st of the month could have the transactions for the 31st omitted.
- Public Invoice and Quote views were not 100% responsive. Fixed issues related to viewing these from a mobile device, where it could cut off the right-hand amounts and was not scrollable, horizontally.
- Selecting a new logo image under the Company Profiles editor would error on saving.
Existing users can update their software from their FusionInvoice.com account. New users must purchase a FusionInvoice license. Update and installation instructions can be found on the FusionInvoice 2019 documentation page .
Square Pig LLC is the maker of FusionInvoice, a world renowned web-based invoicing and business management software that’s been helping small businesses and freelancers effortlessly bill and get paid for their products since 2010. Their focus is on helping small businesses grow by offering uncommonly great software that helps automate and simplify.